This guide describes how to silently deploy SAFEQ Cloud PC Client software on Windows 10/11 user devices being managed using Microsoft Intune.
Pre-requisites/requirements for customer
- Microsoft Intune & Active Directory Premium subscriptions
- Windows 10/11 on user devices
- Microsoft Entra Joined, Windows 10/11 user devices, or Intune Company Portal for manual installation.
- Latest version of the SAFEQ Cloud PC Client software that you download from Y Soft Partner Zone
Configuration and deployment steps
Configuration and deployment of SAFEQ Cloud PC Client software to end user devices (Windows 10/11) using Microsoft Intune is a 3-steps process.
- Package the .exe to a .intunewin file
- Upload and create the Intune deployment
- Assign it to profiles/user groups
Intune will silently deploy SAFEQ Cloud PC Client software on all workstations when the next sync happens.
Now refer below guidelines to configure and deploy SAFEQ Cloud PC Client software.
Create .intunewin file
Package the PC Client for MS Intune using the Microsoft-Win32-Content-Prep-Tool. This can be downloaded from GitHub – https://github.com/microsoft/Microsoft-Win32-Content-Prep-Tool
This command line tool guides you through the process. Ensure the PC Client is located in a folder with no other files present.
Please specify the source folder: C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Client Please specify the setup file: safeqclient-3.17.0-release-setup.exe Please specify the output folder: C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Output Do you want to specify catalog folder (Y/N)? N
Ensure there are no other files in the folder, or the intunewin creation tool will attempt to package everything and the subsequent install will fail.
Upload and create the Intune deployment
- Log into the Intune Portal – https://aka.ms/intuneportal
- Navigate to All Apps, and + Add
- Select App Type – Windows App (Win32) – Select
- Follow the Intune Portal to upload the created .intunewin file.
- Name and Describe the File accordingly, and add Y Soft A/S as the publisher.
- The Program section requires the Install Command, this is if you were running the installer as a command line, and all the install flags can be found in the SAFEQ Cloud Manual.
- At a minimum you would need primary/gateway and account domain address, however, setting log in type, and denying access to config is recommended. Further information regarding silent installation can be found in the PC Client section of the manual
safeqclient-3.17.0-release-setup.exe /S /GATEWAYADDRESS=[GATEWAYADDRESS] /ACCOUNTDOMAIN=[DOMAIN]
Uninstall command – "C:\Program Files\Y Soft Corporation\SAFEQ Cloud Client\uninstall.exe" /S
- Behaviour – User
- Device Restart Behaviour – None
- OS Architecture – 64-bit & 32-bit
- Minimum OS – Win 10 1607
We can detect the version of the PC Client by looking for a Registry entry. This enables different versions to be created to install over the top or use the supersedence feature in Intune.
Registry = Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\SAFEQ Cloud Client
- Value name = DisplayVersion
- Detection method = Version Comparison
- Operator = Equals
- Value = 3.XX.X (where the X denotes the version of the PC Client being installed).