SAFEQ Cloud Mobile Apps for iOS and Android are able to discover the Gateway address automatically using a specific DNS-SD service entry named “_discovermobile”
Configure Windows DNS
- Right click the domain and select “Other New Records…”
- In the “Resource Record Type” window, scroll down, select “Service Location (SRV)” and click “Create Record…”
- Enter values:
- Service: _discovermobile
- Protocol: _tcp
- Leave Priority and Weight to default: 0
- Port number: 9444
- Host offering the service: gateway-name.domain.ext
- On Windows:
- Open a CMD
- Type: nslookup -type=SRV _discovermobile._tcp.domain.ext
- On the SAFEQ Cloud Gateway
- Launch the following script: $ discovermobile.sh
- Enter the domain name : domain.ext
Pre-requisites for successful discovery
The iOS WiFi settings need to be set up with the proper “search domain”; this is auto-configured by the DHCP server, using Scope Option 015.
You can verify this is working fine in the iOS WiFi settings: select the WiFi connection, tap the (i) then -> DNS.
Android devices are not implementing the ‘Search Domain’ settings; for the _discovermobile SRV retrieval to work, the Android devices must be registered within the correct domain in the DNS server.