In the SAFEQ Cloud Web UI navigation menu, click Users.
The Users screen shows users that exist in the internal SAFEQ Cloud database or are synchronized from external authentication providers, such as Windows AD, LDAP, or Microsoft Entra ID.
Any user in the internal database can have rights and access alongside any externally authenticated users, from Active Directory or similar. Internal users could be separate admin accounts, other special internal accounts or temporary guest users, or similar.
Choose the authentication provider at the top and enter even a partial username or card id to perform a search. Then click to edit the user, to manually modify attributes such as a specific user's password, short ID’s or card ID’s. To edit card ID’s list, you must have the CardManagement permission.
For an external user (for example, Microsoft Entra account, a profile is sometimes created in the SAFEQ Cloud database to store specific attributes (short IDs, card ID’s, etc).
To delete this profile, click the trash bin icon in the user list.
Generating One-time passwords
One-time passwords are useful in the following cases:
- Users can generate/view an OTP code and use it to register their cards at the MFDs.
- Administrators can set up an email with OTP to be sent to all users in the company who don't have a card associated with their account upon their first submission of a print job to a pull queue.
One-time password (or OTP) is an authentication method where the generated password can only be used once. After the user successfully authenticates with it, it is removed from their profile.
There are two ways to generate one-time passwords:
- Via the My Profile page in SAFEQ Cloud Web UI. The user must have the EditMyProfile and GenerateOTP permissions.
Via a trigger rule. By default, SAFEQ Cloud Web UI has a One-time password trigger listed under the inactive triggers which generates OTP on a first print job that the user sends to the system and then sends this OTP to the user’s email address. Activate the trigger in order to make it operational.
For the email sent, the following conditions must be met:
- At least one valid messaging configuration is defined in the Messaging section.
- At least one messaging template is defined in the Templates section.
- A combination of messaging config and template is selected in the Send email trigger action.
SAFEQ Cloud Web UI contains a sample OTP template and sample messaging config. They are also pre-selected in the trigger configuration so the administrator needs only to edit the messaging config to adjust the SMTP address and other parameters.
Generating Short IDs
Short IDs can be used for authentication at embedded terminals.
The ways to generate a short ID:
- Via the My Profile page in SAFEQ Cloud Web UI. The user must have the EditMyProfile and GenerateShortID permissions.
- Via a trigger rule. For example, when the users submits their first print job to SAFEQ Cloud. By default, SAFEQ Cloud Web UI has a Short ID trigger listed under the inactive triggers which generates a short ID on a first print job that the user sends to the system and then sends this Short ID to the user’s email address. Activate the trigger in order to make it operational.
Use the Alias feature to allow a user to release print jobs on behalf of another user. For example, a secretary releasing print jobs for a director.