Primary customer server role is intended for the standalone offline installations on the closed network of the customer.
Once the server is installed in this mode a trial license is activated with a limited number of days and printers.
All the installation options for primary customer role are the same as for primary vendor role except that the initial/root customer account is created.
In this mode installer asks for some details about the primary customer account. This will be the top-level account visible:
- Account name – free-form name of the customer account.
- Account DNS name – a DNS name by which this account can be accessed. This name should be available from the local DNS server.
- Admin user name – name of the initial user with administrator privileges. It will be created during installation
- Admin password – password for the admin user
- Repeat password – password confirmation field
On the next screen choose whether to install a database on the primary server, or use a database server running elsewhere:
- Install bundled PostgreSQL server – whether to install and use the bundled PostgreSQL server instance on the primary server
- Use external PostgreSQL connection – don’t install any database on the primary server, but connect to an external PostgreSQL database
- Use external SQL Server connection – don’t install any databases on the primary server, but connect to an external Microsoft SQL database. This option requires the SQL user to have public + dbcreator roles on the server
- Use external Oracle connection – don’t install any database on the primary server, but connect to external Oracle databases. When this option is selected the user is asked for two data sources: one for SAFEQ Cloud configuration and another for documents (reports). The 2 Oracle DBs must be preinstalled on separate machines.
- Configure database connection later – skip database configuration in the installer and let the user configure it manually in the configuration file. See section Manual database configuration for details. When this option is selected the user is asked a confirmation on the next step.
If choosing one of the external databases specify the database connection parameters on the next screen:
For Oracle this screen will appear twice, first time for eopng_config database and second time for eopng_documents database. For Oracle there is also an additional option available, “DB instance”:
The installer will connect to the database and create database schema needed for SAFEQ Cloud. For Oracle the two data sources must be different (point to different server or use different instances) and the specified instances must exist. For PostgreSQL and SQL Server the installer will attempt to create target databases if they don’t exist.
Pressing the Install button will start the installation. After it is finished a success message is displayed on the screen:
Once the server is installed and running the web UI can be accessed via the specified account domain name and secure port 8443, for example
Please note that for the primary vendor server all the required ports must be opened in the firewall. See section Ports and Protocols for details.