The Windows installer is provided as an executable file,
- The client can only be installed in local storage mode
- The Client can only be installed in the default folder
- Ghostscript will not be installed
- Only OIDC Client authentication is supported.
Modify the installer name to contain your domain name in square brackets. Otherwise, the option to install the client in the quick mode will not be visible, and the installer will default to the advanced mode.
You must enable the Allow untrusted endpoints option in the SAFEQ Cloud Web UI > Security > API access keys.
To improve your level of security, we recommend you to disable the Automatically trust new clients/servers option in Security > PKI and encryption. For regular (advanced) installation, you must create a non-default API key, as advanced installation will not work with the API settings for Quick installation.
During the installation process, select Quick installation.
If you wish to modify the advanced options during the installation, perform the following steps:
On the welcome screen of the installer, click Next.
- On the Installation type screen, select Advanced installation.
Fill in the server connectivity parameters
- Server address or host name – address or host name of the SAFEQ Cloud server to connect to. For “Local storage mode” the address should be the DNS of the SAFEQ Cloud primary server.
- Account domain nam
e– domain name of the target account. It can be found from SAFEQ Cloud Web UI.
- API key – API key from the account settings. If omitted the default (restricted) API key will be used. Default API key will be removed in the future product versions.
- User authentication – user authentication type
- Enable local storage and direct print job delivery – enable local storage operation mode
- Enable offline installation – install SAFEQ Cloud Client without registering or checking server connectivity. Please see this section for details.
Modify the dvanced options
- Use pre-configured system certificate for secure communication – for TLS connectivity use the default certificate from the PC certificate store. NOTE: This option requires a managed public key infrastructure environment or a manually configured private key chain in the certificate store.
- Certificate subject or issuer – search pattern to choose for a client certificate from the Windows certificate store.
- Install AGPL Ghostscript – install AGPL Ghostscript software which is necessary for PCL6 printing.
- Create desktop icons for login and logout – create login and logout icons on the desktop. Clicking on login icon will prompt the user to login to SAFEQ Cloud Client (if custom login type is activated). Clicking on logout button will perform SAFEQ Cloud Client logout and delete the printers.
- Automatically delete printers on PC session logout – when user logs out from the operating system or shuts down PC the printers will be removed.
Select the targe directory.
Windows installer also accepts several command-line parameters for unattended installation:
/S– Run the installer in unattended mode
/GATEWAYADDRESS=xxx– chooses SAFEQ Cloud gateway address
/ACCOUNTDOMAIN=yyy– chooses account domain name
/SYNCPERIOD=nn– automatic sychronization period, in minutes. The default period is 60 minutes.
/AUTHTYPE=0|1|2|3|4|5– User authentication type: 0=Session user (default), 1=Session user + domain name, 2=Custom login, 3=User principal name, 4=Microsoft Entra OAuth2, 5=OpenID Connect
/ALLOWCONFIGURATION=true|false– enable or disable the ability for the end-user to configure the SAFEQ Cloud Client after installation. The default value is true.
/ALLOWREMEMBERLOGIN=true|false– enable or disable the ability for the end-user to remember custom login information. The default value is true.
/ALLOWLOCALSTORAGE=true|false– enable or disable local storage operation mode. The default value is false.
/REMEMBERLOGIN=true|false– turn on or off login remembering option. The default value is false.
/LOGINPOPUPTYPE=0|1|2– specify the type of the login popup: 0=no popup, 1=informational bubble, 2=dialog. The default value is 0.
/STORAGETYPE=0|1– switch between gateway storage (0) and local storage (1) mode (only applies if
ALLOWLOCALSTORAGEflag is true). The default value is 1.
/CERTSTORE=true|false– enable or disable using TLS certificate from system certificate store. The default value is false.
/CERTSUBJECT=xxx– choose a system certificate with X.509 subject or issuer matching xxx (partial string match can be used). Only relevant with /CERTSTORE=true option.
/APIKEY=xxx– Specify a custom API key. The default is to use built-in restricted API key.
/AGPLGHOSTSCRIPT=true|false– Accept AGPL license and install Ghostscript software which is needed for PCL6 printing. The default value is false.
/DUPLEX=true|false– set default value to duplex (true) or simplex (false). The default value is true.
/COLOR=true|false– set default value to color (true) or BW (false). The default value is false.
/DELETEPRINTERSONLOGOUT=true|false– enable or disable printer deletion on PC session logout (e.g. user logout from Windows). The default is false. Manual logout from SAFEQ Cloud Client application will still remove the printers
/D=fullpath– install application to an alternate path (e.g. /D=d:\SAFEQ Cloud). The default is C:\Program Files\Y Soft Corporation\SAFEQ Cloud Client
/DESKTOPICONS=true|false– installer will create Windows desktop login and logout buttons for Custom Login (authtype=2). The default is false
/PDFA=none/2u– Choose whether to disable PDF/A-2U document conversion in the driver. Default is to enabled it.
/PAPER=A3|A4|A5|Letter– Choose default paper format for the driver (if different from Windows system locale)
/SERVERCHECK=true|false– installer will skip connection to SAFEQ Cloud during the installation. Please see this section for details. This option is deprecated in favor of /OFFLINE option.
/OFFLINE=true|false– installer will skip connection to SAFEQ Cloud during the installation. Please see this section for details. This option is an opposite for /SERVERCHECK. The default value is “false”.
/DIRECTOFFLINEPRINT=true|false– enable direct offline printing functionality. The default is false.
/ACCOUNTDOMAIN are mandatory when installing SAFEQ Cloud Client in unattended mode.
Examples of SAFEQ Cloud Client usage:
- Unattended installation of SAFEQ Cloud Client to
safeq-cloud-client-3.0.0-xxxx-setup.exe /S /GATEWAYADDRESS=x.x.x.x /ACCOUNTDOMAIN=acc1 /D=D:\Programs\SAFEQCloudClient
- Installation of SAFEQ Cloud Client with Trusted certificate:
safeq-cloud-client-3.0.0-xxxx-setup.exe /S /GATEWAYADDRESS=x.x.x.x /ACCOUNTDOMAIN=acc1 /SYNCPERIOD=60 /SYNCDRIVER=true /AUTHTYPE=0 /ALLOWCONFIGURATION=true /ALLOWREMEMBERLOGIN=true /ALLOWLOCALSTORAGE=true /REMEMBERLOGIN=false /LOGINPOPUPTYPE=0 /STORAGETYPE=1 /CERTSTORE=true /DUPLEX=true /COLOR=true
After installation, the application will be started automatically. There is no need to restart the computer.
SAFEQ Cloud Client can be installed by any type of user-defined on the Windows machine. After installation of SAFEQ Cloud Client, it should be visible in Apps and features for all the users. If another user was logged in during SAFEQ Cloud Client installation, the icon corresponding to SAFEQ Cloud Client will appear only after a re-login.