SAFEQ Cloud Client is available for Windows 8, Windows 10, and macOS 10.12 or later.
There are different requirements for SAFEQ Cloud Client depending on which operation mode is chosen in the installer.
1. For local storage and delivery mode:
- SAFEQ Cloud Client can only connect to SAFEQ Cloud primary server
- API service must be configured on the server
- Workstation must be able to communicate with primary SAFEQ Cloud server (see Ports and Protocols for port details)
- Workstation must be able to communicate with printers for printer status and print job delivery (see Ports and Protocols for port details)
2. For gateway mode:
- SAFEQ Cloud Client can connect to both SAFEQ Cloud primary and secondary gateway server. For the secondary gateway server, you must create or import an SSL certificate (private certificate chain) with the correct CN corresponding to the domain mapped to the secondary server. Secondary Gateway mapping.
- API service must be configured on the destination SAFEQ Cloud server or gateway
- Workstation must be able to communicate with SAFEQ Cloud server (see Ports and Protocols for port details)
Installation requires administrator privileges. The application itself does not require any privileges and will work under any user account.
For Citrix thin clients or Windows Terminal Services clients, user or location specific printers are not supported. Print queues created by the SAFEQ Cloud Client on Windows thin clients are all created as shared among all sessions on the Citrix or Terminal Services host. When SAFEQ Cloud Client detects the session is running in a Terminal Services session, it will not delete printers on custom logout.